Tuesday, April 15, 2014

CHI --> YYZ (II)

Finally got to visit Steph again in Torontho last week and we had a blast; it's a 6 hour and 52 minute drive according to gmaps but the trip there took us 8 lmao, we dubbed it a meander rather than road trip. I totally don't gush enough abt my twin sis ultimate best friend companion catiev but shout-out to her bc she drove a huge majority of the trip both ways just bc I didn't particularly feel like it (aka passenger picks music rule still in effect ;) heh) also she's the best for everything.

I worked Sunday night so took a late train home and my mom picked me up (thx momma) and then we left the next morning. I didn't take any pics somehow but we brought 2 deep dish pizzas with us. xo


Somehow we managed to stop at the same meijer as last September when we almost bought the slew of One Direction dolls but this time we almost bought the whole aisle of oreos. Just got some PB ones though, and they were very very good. I want some more





A dog and a man on the bridge, What a Day to be Alive




We got randomly selected to have our car searched 8) so we chatted to the border police about deep dish and police officers in Chicago, it was very weird but we laughed the whole bridge over



Catie and I decided the major difference between Canada and America is that in Canada all of the towns are a few miles out from the highway; where in the US you can take an exit and right there is a few gas stations/ restaurants, CAN makes you travel out of the way a little more. We wanted a bathroom and ended up at this weird shopping thing like Walgreens but not Walgreens; anyway, shoutout the girl that let us into the employee bathroom and shoutout the clerk that gave us the whole spiel on their loyalty program. I also tried to use hand sanitizer at the register and it went everywhere, so
After this stop I drove us the home stretch to the Mills' and it began to rain




That night we just hung out and watched We Need to Talk About Kevin and the remake of Footloose and then zonked a bit

Next morning we made a delicious brekkie





And played with Annie the Dog (wiggle butt) (flophead) (teddy bear)



And took Annie on a nice walk and met like 5 other doggies





Then that afternoon we drove into Toronto proper




rode the subway


and a streetcar (very impressed)


saw this fucking fashion icon of a kid


First we hung out at this bar called Snakes & Lagers where the deal is you pay $5 to play games and you get drinks and have fun! We played two full rounds of Cards of Humanity. Catie got a cider that looked lovely and I had a coke and Steph had a beer !


Kim met us there and we finished that round then went to Sneaky Dee's for nachos (like hell yeah) which was just down the street



and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt



We carved our names into the table and ate way too much but it was sooooo good, A+ all


Then we headed back to the venue for the rock show, idk if I ever even said this but we went to see The Used and Taking Back Sunday





I didn't take a camera into the show but this vid of On My Own courtesy Catie sums it up kind of. It was a very weird crowd and also a really great show. We danced a lot and made fun of everyone and got caught doing it. Invented some new limp hand gestures. So good.



AND I was a friggin idiot and didn't take any pics but we hung in the car with Jocelynn and Kim after and it was soo good to see them but they had trains/buses to catch eventually so we drove back home and then went to sleepy



The next morning we had brekkie at a lil diner that was very good. Our waitress was sorta sassy. I had a blt bagel, Catie had a scramble, and Steph had an omelet. Also we had peach juice, holla





And then we had to drive back home to Indiana, all these pics make me soooo feely, it was a long goodbye and by the end of it we were backing out of the driveway and I was cryin a lil


















This was supposed to be both of us :( but I have a bad sense of selfie angles in general and it didn't really work so hi









ROSIE WAS SO EXCITED TO WELCOME US HOME and we made it in like 6 hours lol so


TY to the Mill household for being so freakin cool and great and to Annie the Dog and to our bffs and to pop punk ✌✌✌✌✌✌

No comments:

Post a Comment